We offer a wide range of courses
BSL Level 1 – Monday Evenings – Zoom
Payment can be split into 3 or paid in full
£50.00 – £450.00
Our courses are developed for learners who wish to a acquire basic understanding of BSL (British Sign Language) for the purpose of holding a simple conversation with Deaf people, including – family, friends, and colleagues.
The current course is delivered over zoom and delivered over 20 weeks, with our lead Teacher and Trainer who is a native BSL user.
You will cover a wide range of topics and content, including:
- Greetings; common courtesies, information, understanding simple questions, fingerspelling, numbers.
- Identifying types of work; educational establishment, occupations
- Instructions and directions
- Opinions and ideas
- Signing structure
You will learn about:
- The basic understanding of BSL
- How to communicate in BSL
- Basic understanding of Deaf Awareness
Three assessment units, all of which are mandatory to gain the full qualification, these include:
- Understanding basic information in British Sign Language
- Taking part in and following simple conversations in British Sign Language
- Developing strategies to acquire simple and basic British Sign Language skills
You could continue your studies and progress to BSL Level 2
Apply by completing selecting a course below then completing the form. Once the form has been completed it will take you through to a payment gateway where you will pay an initial deposit or pay in one go.
- National recognised qualification that provides an excellent opportunity for progression to the next level.
- Develop real-life skills and interaction with Deaf people.
- BSL Teachers who are Deaf and native Users in their field
- All courses are regulated by UK awarding body Signature
Do not use smartphone.
Advisable to use ethernet cable to connect laptop / tower computer directly to router for smooth connection.
If you rely on WIFI connection, ensure no-one else / devices are connected to the router, please kindly ask them to disconnect themselves from the router for temporary measures.
Remove any unwanted applications that are running in the background of your device.
Minimise background setting that gives the device camera / webcam a clearer focus on the person than distorted backgrounds. Ie: Avoid bookshelves, picture frames in background.
High Speed Internet Access:
· Dedicated High Speed Internet access with significant bandwidth allocation is important to provide high quality video conferencing.
· Each BSL Interpreter’s workstation needs to have a consistent speed of 5MB upload and 25MB download.
· Network /Ethernet Cable – High Quality CAT5e / CAT6 / CAT7 do not use wireless
· No one should use the Internet at the same time as you’re using it for CJ Interpreting.
Workstation PC Requirements:
Please check that your computer conforms to the following minimum requirements:
· Minimum of 2.4Ghz Dual Core processor
· 4 GB RAM of memory
· 1 GB space hard drive
· A dedicated video graphic card (recommends NVIDIA GeForce)
· Screen monitor needs to be at least 15 inches
· Operating System can be either Windows 10 or above or Apple Mac iOS
· Web browser: Google Chrome (advisable)